December 11, 2017 |
The Rare Barrel
We're Hiring | Line Cook
The Rare Barrel, an award winning, all-sour beer company based in Berkeley, CA, has an opening for a part-time line cook! We are searching for someone responsible and trustworthy who can match our passion for sour beer and food. Prior experience working in a commercial kitchen is a must. The new kitchen at The Rare Barrel will serve New American food with a focus on seasonal and local ingredients. We make as many things in house as possible and the menu will change to reflect seasonal and exciting ingredients.
This position will require availability for a minimum of 3 shifts (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) per week (25-30 hours per week).
Kitchen shifts are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays . Must be available afternoons and evenings. Availability for special events, which occur around 5-7 times per year, is also required. Hours of operations are subject to change.
Hourly rate: DOE
In addition to hourly rate, employees receive a monthly allowance for The Rare Barrel beer, food, and merch, as well as bottles of each new release.
- Applicants should have a great attitude and take pride in communicating effectively with fellow employees.
- Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time and be comfortable working on their feet. Applicants must also be able to lift 60 lbs (this is a bona fide requirement of the job).
- Successful applicants must have their ServSafe Food Server certification prior to first day working in the Tasting Kitchen. Successful applicants must renew these certifications (or their equivalent if changed over time) thereafter in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Applicants must be a team player, honest, trustworthy, dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated, and possess a keen attention to detail. A personal commitment to cleanliness and efficiency is required.
- Must love sours.
- Prepping ingredients for service
- Setup food and equipment for service
- Work stations - cooking and plating as directed by Chef
- Stock/restock stations
- Ensure seasoning, quality, and appearance of all dishes
- Communicate any inventory or repair needs to Chef
- Change out all pans and clean gaskets
- Clean inside fridges, oven, induction burners, immersion circulators, and panini press
- Maintain dishwashers as directed by Chef
- Assist food runners in washing dishes
- Turn off food warmer, oven, circulators, cryovac, panini press, and dishwasher
- Cool down leftover food per safe food handling guidelines
- Participate in closing cleaning responsibilities
Pre-employment background check and drug test are required.
The Rare Barrel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject “Kitchen Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”. Thank you!