November 28, 2018 |
The Rare Barrel
We're Hiring | Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Hours: 5 days per week (40+ hours per week). Monday through Friday from 8AM - 4:30PM, and occasional events.
Position reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing
The Rare Barrel, an all-sour beer company based in Berkeley, CA, has an opening for a Sales & Marketing Coordinator. We are searching for someone who can provide efficient and accurate inventory management, order fulfillment, maintains sales compliance, facilitates shipping, is an effective communicator, provides excellent customer service, is responsible, trustworthy and can match our passion for sour beer. Prior experience in inventory management, order fulfillment, and/or logistic planning is required.
Employee should have excellent communication skills and communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors, accounts, and customers in person and on the phone. Employee is required to interact with other people on a regular basis.
This is a physical position. Applicants must be able to lift 60 lbs. regularly, be able to stand for long periods of time, and be comfortable working on their feet. This is a bona fide requirement of the job.
Employee must be able to drive a forklift and become forklift certified within 2 weeks of starting this position. The Rare Barrel will provide the training for this.
Safety must always be a priority. Due to the physical nature of the job and the inherent risks of working in a production facility doing this job safely must be your first priority.
Employee must be highly organized and detail oriented.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Windows OS is required.
Employee must maintain ABC LEAD certification (alcohol service) within 60 days of commencing employment. Employee must renew these certifications (or their equivalent if changed over time) thereafter in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
Applicants must be honest, trustworthy, dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated as well as possess a great attitude and attention to detail. A personal commitment to cleanliness and organization is required.
Must love sours.
Physical Inventory Management (~ 15%)
- Monitor weekly inventory levels of bottles, kegs, and merchandise available for all sales channels.
- Verify, receive, and input all physical inventory transferred from production
- Notify the General Manager to reorder merchandise when needed.
- Schedule, organize and conduct monthly inventory counts. Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing if there are larger discrepancies between book and physical inventory and take steps to discover where the inventory discrepancies are coming from.
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Count and receive new merchandise inventory.
Material Movement Coordination (~40%)
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to develop a monthly strategy for inventory movement and organization based on production packaging dates, bottle release dates, DTR sales, and TR sales.
- Coordinate material movement and organize the bottle and keg inventory to have it easily accessible for all sales channels as well as creating space for new brands that are transferred from production.
- Coordinate material movement and organize the bottle and keg cellars.
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to schedule and prepare off-site event beer and equipment.
- Work with production to coordinate and schedule forklift use.
- Work with production to schedule bottle and keg brands for QC approval for each sales channel.
Order Fulfillment (~20%)
- Accurately pack all shipping orders so that any order placed by 9am on a TRB shipment day will be picked up by the courier by the end of the day.
- Schedule additional staff to fulfill shipping orders on days that you will not be able to complete fulfillment yourself.
- Develop processes to measure accuracy and efficiency of shipped orders each day.
- Maintain an advanced level of comprehension of our order fulfillment software and tools.
- Contact customers to correct any order issues and respond to any service issues in a timely fashion.
Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to and are subject to change based on applicants qualifications:
- Manage all product related content on the website. Ensure that all information is accurate and updated regularly.
- Develop process to maintain all off-site event equipment and promotional material.
- Develop POS material and support Sales team for off-site sales
Shipping, Purchasing, & Organization (~5%)
- Coordinate shipping and pickups with shipping couriers
- Manage inventories for packaging materials and make purchases from vendors as needed
- Maintain clean and organized areas for order fulfillment, shipping supplies, and inventory warehouse.
Department Administrative Duties
- Data Entry - ensure that all data entered into the Inventory Master Sheet and Winedirect are accurate.
- Sales Regulatory Compliance - ensure that all data is correct and compliant for sale within California (include brand approval, price posting, and price amendments). Director of Sales and Marketing will review and submit.
- Communication - this position will need to make sure that information is accessible to the Director of Sales and Marketing, General Manager, Kitchen Manager and Chief Operating Officer concerning inventory availability of bottles, kegs, and merchandise.
- SOP Creation, Maintenance, and Training Tools - create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the the Sales & Marketing Coordinator position and and look for areas of improvement in the position. Develop training tools on how to accurately fulfill shipping orders for TR staff.
- Sales & Marketing Coordinator will also be expected to assist the COO, Director of Sales and Marketing, and Cellar Manager with a variety of other sales related tasks as needed.
The Rare Barrel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Hiring is contingent upon passing a background check and drug screen.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject “Sales & Marketing Coordinator Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”. Thank you!