December 10, 2019 | The Rare Barrel
We're Hiring | Tasting Room Server
The Rare Barrel, a sour beer-focused brewery with rotating guest beers and a full kitchen, based in Berkeley, CA, has an immediate opening for a part-time position as a Tasting Room Server. We are searching for someone responsible and trustworthy who can match our passion for craft beer and commitment to quality. Prior experience working in a brewery, winery or distillery is preferred but not required.
This position reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager.
Hours | Minimum of 2 Tasting Room shifts per weekend, and 1 shift on Mondays (part-time, 22 hours/week).
Compensation | $15.00/hour + tips
We are looking for a team player, who is honest, trustworthy, dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated as well as possess a great attitude and attention to detail. Applicants should also take pride in communicating effectively with customers and fellow employees. A personal commitment to cleanliness and organization is required.
Must be available to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).
This is a physical position. Applicants will be required to occasionally lift kegs ups to 60 lbs safely (this is a bona fide occupational qualification), to stand for long periods of time, and be comfortable working on their feet. Safety is always a priority. Due to the physical nature of the job and the inherent risks of working in a production facility doing this job safely is every employee’s first priority.
Applicants are required to pass the ABC LEAD certification (alcohol service) within 60 days of commencing employment, and ServSafe Food Server certification prior to the first day working in the Tasting Room & Kitchen. Applicants are required to renew these certifications (or their equivalent if changed over time) thereafter in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
Must love craft beer.
Shifts and Availability
Tasting Room Shift Hours
- Saturdays 10:00AM-11:30PM
- Sundays 10:00AM-9:00PM
*Additional shifts may become available on Thursdays and Fridays
*Availability for special events, which occur around 12-15 times per year, is also required.
*Hours of operations are subject to change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet guests in a welcoming manner
- Verify age from a government-issued ID card before serving alcohol
- Efficiently take orders and promptly serve guests (food, bottled/draft beer, merchandise)
- Maintain knowledge of the TRB brand to address any guest questions
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of what sour beer is and how it is made
- Be able to competently describe all products available for sale and upsell customers on items to go, membership and subscriptions programs, food, and events
- Accurately calculate food and merchandise bills, collect payments, and handle cash
- Prepare and serve food according to safe food handling practices
- Keep up to date with all of the dishes on our ever-changing food menu
- Act as an overall outstanding ambassador for our growing company
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Maintain all TR glassware to a “beer-clean” standard
- Maintain a clean bar during and after service
- Assist in cleaning the draft system on a regular basis
- Perform daily and weekly preventative maintenance on the Crowler machine
- Bus tables, clean dishes, and clean kitchen at closing
- Maintain clean bathrooms
- Rotate kegs and help keep the cold box organized
- Participate in opening and closing cleaning responsibilities
- Participate in all-staff “Deep Clean” days
Pre-employment background check and screening for illegal drugs are required.
The Rare Barrel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Rare Barrel recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject “Tasting Room Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”. Thank you!
@ Dec 10, 2019 at 5:49 PM
Hello were I can send my resume thanks