October 31, 2017 |
The Rare Barrel
We're Hiring - Tasting Room Server
The Rare Barrel, an award winning, all-sour beer company based in Berkeley, CA, has an opening for a part-time tasting room server! We are searching for someone responsible and trustworthy who can match our passion for sour beer and commitment to excellent service. Prior experience working in food service, beverage, sales, and/or customer service is preferred.
This position will require availability for a minimum of 3 days per week (10-30 hours per week).
Tasting Room shifts are Thursdays 3:00-11:30PM, Fridays 3:00PM-11:30PM, Saturdays 12PM-11:30PM, and/or Sundays 12:00PM-9:00PM. Availability for special events, which occur around 5-7 times per year, is also required. Hours of operations are subject to change.
This position will have the opportunity to progress into a 3-5 days per week position as shifts open up. If the new hire is interested, there is also the opportunity to work shifts outside of Tasting Room hours that include prep work for the Tasting Room, Kitchen prep, Inventory Management, and Beer Club during the weekdays (typically Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday mornings and afternoons).
$13.25/ hour + tips
- Applicants should have a great attitude and take pride in communicating effectively with customers and fellow employees.
- Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time and be comfortable working on their feet. Applicants must also be able to lift 60 lbs (this is a bona fide requirement of the job)
- Successful applicants must pass the ABC LEAD certification (alcohol service) within 60 days of commencing employment, and ServSafe Food Server certification prior to first day working in the Tasting Room. Successful applicants must renew these certifications (or their equivalent if changed over time) thereafter in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Applicants must be a team player, honest, trustworthy, dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated, and possess a keen attention to detail. A personal commitment to cleanliness and efficiency is required.
- Must love sours.
- Greet guests in a welcoming manner
- Verify age from a government issued ID card before serving alcohol
- Efficiently take orders and promptly serve guests (food, bottled/draft beer, merchandise)
- Maintain a knowledge of the TRB brand to address any guest questions
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of what sour beer is and how it is made
- Be able to competently describe all products available for sale
- Accurately calculate food and merchandise bills, collect payments, and handle cash
- Prepare hot food according to safe food handling practices
- Act as an overall outstanding ambassador for our growing company.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Wash and rotate glassware
- Maintain a clean bar during and after service
- Assist in cleaning draft system on a regular basis
- Bus tables, clean dishes, and clean kitchen at closing
- Maintain clean bathrooms
- Rotate kegs and help keep the cold box organized
- Participate in opening and closing cleaning responsibilities.
Pre-employment background check and drug test are required.
The Rare Barrel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Tasting Room Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”. Thank you!